Sunday, September 11, 2011

My Personal Experience with 9/11 in Washington, DC

I was probably a 1/2 mile away from the Pentagon on 9/11, shopping at a local store for some chairs for my apartment in Washington, D.C. waiting for my then girlfriend (now awesome wife) to come and visit me when the whole ground shook.  I jumped into my Bronco to go back to my apartment, only to be told to get out of my car, as no vehicles were being allowed across the Key bridge, which enters into Georgetown.  As I walked home to my apartment, I just watched the Pentagon hopelessly burn, as one of its walls was completely demolished, almost like it never even existed.  

Amazing it's been TEN years...just like that time passes. I'll never forget that day..its when time stood still....

As the days, weeks, and months passed, Washington DC became such a locked down fortress, as if nobody felt safe or secure.  Over time though, the city became its old self again

I flew today, from ATL to Philadelphia, on the 10th anniversary of that terrible attack that rocked our nation.

Both airports were quiet, strangely quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment